Sunday, April 10, 2016

                 A Shopping Tip I Just Have to Share- Progresso Soup

      One of my goals for this shopping blog is to share tips on great deals and bargains for the average budget-conscious person (which can be a euphemism for starving artists and the working poor). Here's one I just have to share.

      The 99-Cents Only stores (located in Southern California, Nevada, Texas and Arizona) are the home of a lot of great bargains. I could make a huge list but will cover things one by one. This blog post is about Progresso Soup.

      If you don't like Progresso Soup, you might be a Campbell's soup addict like my husband was before he converted. That's great soup, but Progresso is thicker, better spiced, and has more in the can. The problem is that it is pretty expensive compared to other soups and in-store brands like Kroeger.

     But the 99-Cents Only stores almost always have cans of Progresso soup available for one dollar. As with any discount store, one must make sure to check the expiration dates, but the cans I have found  always have plenty of time left on them.

     In a low-end grocery store like Food For Less, one can can be about $2.50  or more! So this is a significant savings per can.

    In the winter, my family and I love nothing more than a big, hot bowl of soup. I take a basic soup and add diced spinach, healthy canned organic beans, other chopped leftover vegetables, and  meat. In a very short time, you  have an healthy and filling meal.

    My favorites are the Hearty Tomato and Tomato Basil Soup, as well as the Lentil, Split Pea, and Cream of Mushroom soup. All superb and a good broth or base for "extended" soups or other dishes.

    I go and stock up on 10-15 cans at once and they are a mainstay for cold and rainy days. I almost hate to share this tip- I hope my local store won't now get sold out!



  Shelli's Shopping is a blog for shoppers of all kinds and in particular those looking for a good buy, from starving artists to working poor to those who are on a budget for whatever reason or just want good value for their hard-earned money. Shelli Pruett is a blogger, cartoonist, proofreader, product reviewer, and communications director at a marketing company. She lives in Southern California with her family and four dogs, who provide an ample stream of dog product purchasing experiences.

#ShelliShopping, #ProgressoSoup, #99CentsOnly, #cannedsoup, #budgetshopping

No comments:

Post a Comment